This past week while scrolling through the infamous app that is Instagram, I came across an ad. In dark blue flashing letters it reads ON AVERAGE A CEO READS 60 BOOKS A YEAR! Now I do not know what this ad is for, but how much would 60 books really be? My first new year goal was hatched. I am going to read 60 books this year.
- Now I already do read avidly. During the school year, I do not read for pleasure, just what I have to for school. But while on break, all I do is read. For example, I have been off of school for 5 days and have already finished 3 books! That is kinda crazy. I like to think I make up for my lack of reading during the break, I guess we will see if that’s true.
- It is very easy to gobble up fictional romance novels, no issues at all. I can start one in the morning and be finished by night (even if that means staying up all night.) Honestly, reading a romance is one of the only things I will keep my eyes open past 1 am.
I need to open my horizons, stretch myself, gain some knowledge. So my goal with these 60 books is not to just read romance novels, but all types of books. (Even biography, which is the worst in my opinion.)
If I am to read 60 books, I need to be reading at least one book every 6 days on average. I’m also actually cheating a little because as I am writing it is the 27th, and I am starting the challenge today. It makes my life easier.
- 10 non-fictions
- 2 biographies
- 2 political books
- 1 book suggested from grandma
- 1 book suggested from uncle Jermey
- 3 self-help books
- 2 new idea/science books
- The other 38 stories will be ones of my choosing. If I don’t read mainly stories that I like there is no way I finish this challenge.
This is the only “New Years Resolution” I have for 2020. I may post a review of the books I read under the good reads section. If you are interested in what I am reading you can check there.