There is no better time then when the weather is cold to read a good book. Snuggled up by the fire with a cup of tea in hand, I can’t imagine a better way to spend a cold winter afternoon. Of course, the book can make or break the time you have snuggled up by the fire. Here are ten books I recently read that I loved, and the ten book’s I want to read this winter.
(There are some cute pictures at the bottom)
Book’s I have recently read
- Meet me at the Cupcake Cafe
- This book is about a woman in her thirties who gets laid off and decides to open a cafe. Baking has always been her passion so by opening the cafe she is following her dreams. Along her business owning journey she runs into some boy drama. It is a Romantic fiction book, and I would recommend it to anyone who wants to get lost in a happy world for some time.
- Milk and Honey
- This is a very sad book composed of poems. I cried on the first page. It is a quick read and it the kind of book good for reading in the bathtub.
- Out of the Easy
- This is a great coming of age book. It’s set in New Orleans and is told from the perspective of a 16-year-old girl whose mother is a prostitute. This book brings you on an emotional rollercoaster. In spite of low income and absent parents, she perseveres. (Do Not read if you are busy with work you will not be able to put it down)
- The Boy Next Door
- This is a great Romantic drama. A must read if you are a hopeless romantic
- We Were Liars
- Ready to get your socks knocked off you in a story that brings you through a series of emotions leaving you in tears.
- I’ll give you the Sun
- This is my ALL time favorite book. It’s written by a poet, so the writing is beautiful. It’s about twins going through life. A MUST read.
- The Life-Changing Magic of Tidying up
- I didn’t read this whole book, but I read most of it. It’s a great way to clean up your personal space. After doing this my overall life have become less stressful.
- The Time Traveler’s Wife
- This is a soulful love story. It was about time travel and was made into a great movie. Of course, the book is better than the movie, but they are both a good read and a good watch.
- Just Mercy
- I read this with my class. It opens up a lot of questions. This book gives good incite to the justice system. I learned lots of new things while reading it.
- Jellicoe Road
- Okay, This is an AMAZING BOOK. It’s about two schools that are fighting, but it about a girl who’s growing up and trying to find her way. There is also a little romance sprinkled in. (Almost everything I read has romance in it.)
Books I plan on reading/Or have been suggested to me by a friend.
- If You Had Been With Me
- Artemis Fowl
- She’s Come Undone
- The Namesake
- Mosquito land
- Landscape with an invisible hand
- Alex, Approximately
- The Light We Lost