Fall was two Saturday’s ago and I couldn’t have felt more excited! Fall is my favorite season due to the cute warm clothes and the beautiful leaves that fall onto the ground. I love how the weather changes from hot to chilly so quickly. I was looking forward to Fall so I could appropriately make apple cider, and it was better than I ever would have thought. This was one of the most fun things to make and felt perfect for the season. Some of my friends came over and we had cheese and crackers along with hot fresh apple cider. Best Day Ever! (at the bottom of this post are some cute photos we took this day)
Find our outfits here
Prep: 10 minutes Cook time: 3 hours
6-8 granny smith apples
6-8 Red delicious apple
(this time I used gala apples and it tasted just as good)
1 1/2 whole nutmeg
3-6 cinnamon sticks
1 tablespoon of cloves
2 cheese clothes
( I didn’t have any but they would really help, I used a nut milk clothe)
1 cup of brown sugar
- First, cut the apples and the orange and put it in a big pot.
- Then dice the clove and put the clove, nutmeg, and cinnamon in the cheesecloth with a tie around it.
- put the cheese clothes with the spices in the pot, along with the brown sugar
- fill the pot with water until everything is covered
- leave boiling for an hour
- after an hour push all of the apples and the orange up
- then simmer for two hours
- take a strainer and if you want plump but ladle the juice from the pot into the strainer and enjoy 🙂
- if you don’t want pulp to take other cheece clothes and place it in the strainer than ladle the juice into the cheesecloth, make sure to constantly ring the cheesecloth out in order to get all the juice.
- Enjoy your apple cider by the fire on a perfect fall day!