- 2 cups flour
- 2 1/2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons poppy seeds
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Grated zest from one lemon
- 5 tablespoons butter
- 1 egg
- 2/3 cup soured milk (directions in notes)
- 1 3/4 cups of confectioners sugar
- 1/4 cup of lemon juice
- 1 tsp of salted butter
- First, preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Next pour 2/3 cup of milk into a bowl along with 2 teaspoons of vinger and let it sit for 15 minutes. This will make the soured milk.
- Zest a full lemon
4. Now mix together the flour, sugar, poppy seeds, baking powder, salt, and lemon zest.
5. In another bowl mix together the egg and sour milk.
6. Now mix the dry and wet ingredients together until it forms a dough.
7. Cut the dough in half and roll both halves into circles about 1 1/2 inches
8. Cut the dough into 6 pieces each. 9. Bake for 20-25 minutes.
10. While they are cooling we are going to make the yummy glaze!
11. Mix whisk together the sugar, lemon juice, and butter. Then place in the microwave for 45 seconds, remove all lumps and drizzle on the scones once they are cooled.