Who wants to make blueberry scones? I do! Blueberry scones are the perfect scent to wake up to in the morning, and even better to eat. I made these scones the other day with my friend for breakfast and it was lots of fun. Here’s the recipe for these yummy scones. I will be putting the details for the frosting in the directions, but I did not like the frosting. Instead, I enjoyed my scones heated with butter.
- 2 cups of all purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon of baking powder
- a pinch of salt (dependent on how much salt you like in your baked goods)
- 2 tablespoons of baking soda
- 5 tablespoons of cold butter
- 1 cup of fresh blueberries
- 1 cup of heavy whipping cream
Ingredients for lemon glaze
- 1/2 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2 cups confectioners sugar, sifted
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 lemon, zest finely grated
- First preheat the oven to 400 degrees
- Next mix all of the dry ingredients together, the 2 cups of flour, one tablespoon of baking powder, salt, 2 tablespoons of baking soda, and the 5 tablespoons of butter. Use two forks to cut the butter so it’s course crumbs.
3. Now add in the cup of heavy whipping cream, and mix with your hands till it turns to dough. You might need to add in more flour to make it less sticky.
4. Gently add in the cup of blueberries, being careful not to pop any of them.
4. Using a floured surface, roll the dough into about a 1 1/2 inch thick circle. Then cut the scones into any shape you like.
5. Lastly, bake your scones for 15-20 minutes until they are golden brown, and enjoy with butter.
How to make the glaze
- Put the lemon juice and sugar in the microwave until the sugar is dissolved. Then mix in the lemon butter and lemon zest. Drizzle on top of the scones and let cool.